четверг, 16 октября 2008 г.

australia+post




These past few days I have spent my time lounging in bed reading a variety of web serials that I never have read before, and probably would have turned my nose up at them even a few weeks ago. In the process of doing so, I have discovered something. I am working way to hard about about conjuring grand schemes and epic details and not doing enough actual fingers-to-keyboard pay off. The serials Iapos;ve been reading lately arenapos;t high literature; hell, sometimes they barely describe the main characters, and usually that kills any enjoyment I may have gained from the story. But you know what? Iapos;ve enjoyed the hell out of myself anyway.

This is, I believe, what they call an epiphany, aka: pulling oneapos;s head out, aka: going to the dollar store and buying a clue, aka: a blinding revelation of "no, shit, really?", aka: well, you get the idea.

Every little detail doesnapos;t need to be planned out in advance, but I canapos;t just whip an epic master plan in my head and hit go either. Instead of the dumb ass shit Iapos;ve been doing, I should have been sitting down and putting what I do have in my head down on paper. Outlines, character details, what plot points I do have already, all of this stuff Iapos;ve been avoiding because it isnapos;t fun. A master plan is all well and good, but keeping it in my head until everything has "percolated," as I like to call it, is really, really dumb.

I think in the future Iapos;m going to put a sticky by my computer this sticky is going to say, "Forget epic. Just WRITE"


Uh-oh, is that mature sneaking up on me? *flicks hands* Shoo
australia+post, australia+post office, australia+post+codes, australia+postcode.



Комментариев нет: